HR Specialist II - 6-months - Perth-based
The main function of a human resources specialist is to plan, direct, and coordinate human resource management activities of the organization to maximize the strategic use of human resources and maintain functions. A typical human resources specialist is responsible for a wide range of organization development activities, such as employee compensation, recruitment (as it relates to policy), personnel policies and regulatory compliance.
- Advise managers and employees on state and federal employment regulations, collective agreements, benefit and compensation policies, personnel procedures and classification program.
- Evaluate job positions, determining classification, exempt or non-exempt status, and salary.
- Prepare occupational classifications, job descriptions and salary scales.
- Assist in preparing and maintaining personnel records and handbooks.
- Prepare reports, such as organization and flow charts, and career path reports, to summarize job analysis and evaluation and compensation analysis information.
- Bachelor's degree in relevant field or equivalent experience required.
- 2-4 Years of Experience
- Verbal and written communication skills, attention to detail, customer service and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work independently and manage ones time.
- Knowledge of legal policies and procedures related to hiring practices (i.e., equal employment opportunity and affirmative action).
- Knowledge of benefit and pay-scale systems.
- Previous experience with computer applications, such as Microsoft Word and Excel.