Our client, a major O&G company, is looking for an I&E Designer to work within their facilities in Borger, TX.
Performs routine to difficult design assignments, in which requires the knowledge and skill of basic drafting techniques, procedures, knowledge of applicable industry standards, and design standards. Supervises design and drafting personnel.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Oversee total design function
- Coordinate overall design efforts and work with all other team designers
- Plans the scope of work for the design team on a project.
- Field Validations (Walkdowns) verifying existing instruments, panels, pneumatic tubings, etc, for design or records verification.
- Field Validations by searching drawings and data bases for instrument descriptions, equipment files and vendor catalogs for equipment information, SAP for existing inventory, interviewing E&I engineers and technicians and contacting vendors and manufacturers.
- Provide Instrument and Electrical Specifications.
- Proficient E&I design skills using AutoCAD Rel. 2002 and CEA (or similar database software).
- Performs related fundamental engineering support tasks such as updating computer lists, filing prints, distributing drawings, making simple calculations, proofreading reports, compiling Bills of Material, etc.
- Prepares complex engineering and constructions drawing from scratch, sketches or verbal instruction, utilizing manual or computer-assisted drafting/design techniques.
- Assembles and maintains drawing register utilizing the CGR Database.
- Supervises and furnishes work for designers and other drafting personnel.
- Demonstrates a continuing consciousness of safety in daily activities, and implemented in work designed.
- Monitors budgets of all projects, manpower demand, availability of personnel, and usage of personnel.
- Prepares man-hour estimates for future work and for changes in design.
- May utilize information from vendor prints, catalogs, technical manuals, etc. to do design work
- Supports field assignments as required.
ELECTRICAL AND INSTRUMENTATION KNOWLEDGE
- CEA Proficiency
- DCS and PLC Design
- Instrument Specifications
- Control Panel Design and Layouts
- Panel Wiring and Schematics
- JB Terminations, I/O wiring to DCS
- Loop Diagrams
- I/E Systems Checkout
- ISA Code and Standards
- Electrical Schematic Diagrams
- Single Line Diagrams
- I/E Systems Checkout
- Conduit and Cable Tray Arrangements
- Low Voltage (24VDC) Instrument Power Wiring
- High Voltage (480V 3 Phase) Power Wiring
- NEC Codes and Standards
- Ten years previous experience designing chemical process plant instrumentation and control systems.
- Able to work independently with little or no direction.
- Able to work cooperatively with others in a team environment.
- Good understanding of P&I drawings.
- Good working knowledge of DCS, Triconex PLC, Fisher-Rosemount and Square D.
- Ability to perform under weather extremes, in confined spaces, at elevated heights and in noisy areas.
- Ability to oversee total design function - focus on mechanical design background
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
High school education or equivalent with basic drafting courses training from vo-tech or other applicable program (or equivalent working knowledge/experience). 10 plus years of technical work experience or a minimum of 4 years of education in an associate or bachelor degree program for the relevant discipline supplementing 10 plus years of experience or approval by the Program Director. This includes a working knowledge of CADD applications