We are hiring I/E Technicians in Carlsbad, NM!
I&E Technician will need the skills and knowledge required to install, troubleshoot, and maintain plant/field instrumentation and equipment.
This will include but not limited to transmitters, valves, switches, sensors, pumps, motors, VFDs, switchgear, lighting, transformers, etc.
This is an extremely "hands-on" position requiring field work and the ability to support the field on an after-hours, on-call basis.
- Basic understanding of instrumentation, controls, control systems, safety systems, and electrical equipment. Read and decipher electrical and control drawings.
- Able to get online with PLC and use as troubleshooting tool.
- Understand the principals of flow, level, temperature, and pressure measurement.
- Install controls and low voltage electrical equipment, including wiring and pneumatic tubing.
- Configure, calibrate, and maintain field instrumentation.
- Demonstrate the ability to be mentored and trained.
- Display good troubleshooting skills and solve technical issues in a timely manner.
- Work well in a team or solo work environment.
- Trustworthy and dependable.
- Display good communication skills.
- Minimum 2 year technical associates degree or 3 years relevant work experience.