Our client, a major oil and gas company is seeking a Instrument/Controls System Project Engineer to work within their facilities located in Borger, TX. This will be for a long term contract.
Job Description for an Instrument/Controls System Project Engineer
The Instrument and Controls Engineer may be responsible for:
- Function as project engineer on instrumentation and capital projects and large maintenance projects.
- Taking lead role on Instrumentation and controls capital projects including PLC design, programming, and implementation.
- Help identify areas where instrumentation/controls can improve plant operations and profitability.
- Developing capital and expense budget requirements related to instrumentation system upgrades, PM/PdM programs, repairs, expansions, etc.
- Serving as a technical resource to properly identify new and existing equipment specifications and proper operating parameters/ranges for instrumentation equipment.
- Overseeing application and interpretation of National Electric Code and other applicable city, state, federal codes and standards (e.g. NPRA, NFPA, API, ISA).
- Interact with Engineering and Construction contractors, both on-site and off-site.
- Leverage the application of instrumentation safety standards, mechanical integrity, design and maintenance.
- Using documentation systems and processes that maintain accurate instrumentation information and drawings.
- Support criticality assessments of the plant's instrumentation equipment.
Basic Required Qualifications.
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States, at least 18 years of age and possess a valid driver's license.
- Must possess a bachelor's degree in Electrical Engineering, Chemical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, or Industrial Engineering.
- Must have three or more years of instrumentation and automation experience and three or more years of direct experience in a refinery, chemical and/or manufacturing industry.
- Demonstrated knowledge and use of SPI (InTools) database and specifications.
- Demonstrated knowledge of PLC's.
- Proficient in MS office (Word, Excel, Outlook, Projects).
- Must be willing and able to perform, comply with the following Wear Nomex fire retardant clothing and personal protective equipment (such as steel-toe shoes, ear, and eye protection).
- Maintain face daily so that a respirator/face mask can seal properly (some examples include being free of facial hair and/or clean shaven), climb up to 200 feet in height and work in enclosed spaces such as tanks and silos.
Familiar with the following control systems:
- Honeywell: TDC3000 (Primary Install base), TDC2000, Experion C300, OneWireless
- Safety Systems: Triconex Tristation 1131 and MSW, HIMA
- Allen Bradley Control/ Compact Logic, GE Bently Nevada, Foxboro, Modicon, Siemens
Familiar with the following instruments/ instrument types:
- Analyzers - ABB, Siemens, COSA
- GC, CEMS, Sulfur/BTU, laser-based, etc.
- Flow - Honeywell, Emerson, GE, MicroMotion, Yokogawa
- Orifice plate sizing, ultrasonic flow meter, Vortex, V-cones, etc.
- Level - Fisher, Honeywell, Texas Nuclear, Yokogawa, Vega
- DP level, guided-wave/ open-wave, etc.
- Temperature- Daily Thermetrics, Honeywell, Rosemount, Sandelius
- This includes thermowell/thermocouple design
- Pressure- Ashcroft, Honeywell, Rosemount
- Valves- Fisher, Masoneilan, Vanessa
- Vibration- GE
Should you be interested in this exciting opportunity with a global oil and gas company please apply to this advert with your up to date resume.