Our Client is looking for an Instrument Tech to join their offshore team.
The Instrument Technician is responsible for carrying out maintenance of the facility's Instrument & Control systems and associated equipment with minimal environmental impact in accordance with legislation, class, flag and the Compliance Assurance Management System (CAMS). You will provide Instrument Technician's specialty support to the Instrument and metering group and guidance to other crew members in matters pertaining to the safe operating of the facility.
- Complete preventative and remedial maintenance on facility Instrumentation, Metering and Telecom systems in accordance with CMMS schedule and work instructions, with particular emphasis on safety critical equipment
- Carry out Ex Inspections in accordance with CMMS schedule and ensure the Ex Register is kept up to date.
- Carry out fault finding and diagnostic checks on all Instrumentation, Metering and Telecom equipment, ensuring any repairs are addressed promptly
- Respond to breakdowns in a timely manner and carry out and apply effective fault finding and investigation techniques
- Carry out and participate in Root Cause Analysis to improve equipment reliability
- Ensure comprehensive work history is recorded in CMMS and any follow up work and material required is identified and reported to the Materials Co-ordinator
- Ensure that all information entered in logs, reports, maintenance records and PMS is accurate and conforms to the Compliance Assurance Management System (CAMS).
- Ensure comprehensive records and logs are maintained and effective handovers are carried out at shift and crew change
- Identify and propose ideas and solutions that will increase efficiency in cost or time without loss of integrity and present idea(s) to relevant management
- Support and improve team performance by sharing knowledge and best practices.
- Participate in Bumi Armada Competency Management System
- Demonstrate knowledge and understanding of relevant legislation and be able to apply it in the workplace.
- Liaise with Lead Instrument Technician for stores and spare gear and monitor consumption.
- Ensure that PLC data and other metering related system are updated and where necessary back up files are made and stored as required.
- Maintenance Operations will be carried out as per Principal Accountabilities mentioned above
- During the Operations Phase the Instrument Technician shall:
- Be fully conversant with the Facility Emergency Response Plan and their role within this plan, and is always prepared for such eventuality
- Ensure that they have knowledge of safety requirements, including permit to work systems, operational and emergency procedures, Company policy and instructions, and their role within them.
- Attend all required HSE Mandatory training contained within the AMO ProPass program as detailed in the Training Matrix.
- HNC in Measurement & Control or similar
- Time Served Instrument Technician
- NVQ level 3 in Maintaining Plant and Systems - Instrument or equivalent
- All current offshore certification
- UK/North Sea offshore oil and gas experience in the maintenance and operation of control and instrumentation equipment on-board a FPSO, similar facility or in hydrocarbons processing industry.
- Experience with various Metering, Instrumentation and PLC control systems and hazardous area equipment.
- Experience with Telecoms and PA/GA systems.
- Experience with Safety Management Systems and Computerised Maintenance Management Systems preferred.
- Good personal and interpersonal skills.
Summary on Airswift:
Airswift is an international workforce solutions provider within the energy, process and infrastructure industries. Airswift serves as a strategic partner to our clients, offering a turnkey workforce solution to capture and deliver the top talent needed to complete successful projects by aligning with the unique needs of our clients. With over 800 employees and 6,000 contractors operating in over 50 countries, our geographical reach and pool of talent available is unmatched in the industry and the level of experience, exposure and expertise that the organization has is unparalleled.
If you would like to be considered for this role and would like further details please apply now!