Our client is seeking an Intermediate Level Process Engineer (8-15 years) to work on site at their plant located in Geismar, LA. This is an on-going contract assignment through Airswift.
The successful candidate will possess a minimum of a Bachelor's Degree in Engineering with a minimum of 5 years of engineering related work experience and a good understanding of ethylene manufacturing technology. Qualified candidates will have owner-side experience.
We are seeking a skilled Process Engineer to join our Technical Services team in our Geismar, Louisiana facility. The primary responsibility of this role is providing support of Process Engineering work in our Sustaining Capital Projects team. This position will identify, study, justify, and act upon opportunities related to projects to improve all aspects of Olefin Plant operation with emphasis on plant safety, operability, efficiency, cost effectiveness, reliability, and production capacity. The position will assist in implementing and maintaining process improvements and will work with all of the Geismar Plant team to ensure the plant is operated in a safe, reliable, environmentally compliant, efficient, and profitable manner for the benefit of the company and our partner, while always abiding by all applicable laws and regulations.
- Define project problem statement, research and evaluate alternatives, select fit for purpose solution for project. Define business case for the project based upon solution and problem to be addressed.
- Support project execution with required process data, operational input thru project design phase.
- Complete project close out evaluation on meeting project objectives
- Research, evaluate and take action against opportunities identified to address potential PSM concerns within the Geismar facility.
- Participate on cross-functional teams to continually identify and implement facility improvements that focus on enhanced Responsible Care (EH&S) performance, increased reliability, increased production, cost optimization, and waste minimization.
- Provide technical support to all functional departments, as part of troubleshooting, regulatory compliance, and optimization.
The ideal candidate will also possess:
- 5+ years of Oil and gas / petrochemical industry experience
- Computer experience with Microsoft Office, Microsoft Projects, PowerPoint, and Excel Work products
- Ability to manage multiple complex projects with a high level of customer satisfaction.
- Motivation and ability to improve existing processes.
- Integrity, Values, and Trust - Instills confidence of one's intentions and positively represents the organization by being responsible and straightforward
- Drive for Results - Is motivated and determined to achieve objectives while working in compliance
- Customer/Stakeholder Focus - Makes customer and stakeholder needs a primary focus of one's actions; develops and sustains effective relationships with customers and stakeholders
- Professional Engineer license is an asset
Note: The employee will need to have a valid driver's license and secure a TWIC card
- Schedule: 5 days per week
- Continuous Office Environment
- Frequent Keyboarding/Mouse, monitoring, siting > 1 hour continuously
- Continuous Plant/Industrial Environment
- Rare high noise exposure
- Rarely standing/walking for >1 hour continuously
- Rarely climbing (ladders/scaffolding)
- Rare domestic/international travel
Job ID: BH1089220