Our client, a major oil and gas company, is looking for an Intermediate Vibration Specialist to work in Calgary, AB.
- Multidisciplinary coordination, scheduling and travel to all liquid assets.
- Develop and update annual maintenance strategies for vibration testing equipment.
- Develop proposal requests for field work and equipment installations.
- Perform visual surveys and general field inspections of piping systems.
- Prepare comprehensive reports of activities and data findings.
- Diagnose issues with vibration collection equipment (hardware and software).
- Collection of vibration data with handheld data collection equipment as well as multichannel acquisition systems.
- Set up and take down of continuous live time monitoring equipment.
- Support in developing visual surveillance and vibration test plans for field technician.
- Develop and own pipe integrity tracking sheets related to vibration for above ground liquid assets.
- Support in training of Field Operations/Engineers on vibration data collection.
- Support in developing an annual budgeting strategy for vibration equipment.
Qualifications and Education:
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering or Technologist Diploma
- Fundamentals of piping vibration and stress based failure principals.
- Fundamental knowledge of data acquisition systems.
- Demonstrated Interpersonal Skills. Ability to work and interact positively with others.
- Coordinate and participate in the Vibration Program activities, such as field visits, test, equipment maintenance, working with third party contractors, etc.
- Approximately 30% travel required across North America.