Our client is seeking a IT Project Manager for a Full-Time, 7 month Contract opportunity, with a chance of extension. This position will be a combined role of Project Management & Project Services to support the governance of a formal stage gate process. . The project services role will include identifying opportunities to improve the existing stage gate process and templates to make it fit for purpose across IT projects of different sizes, delivery methodologies and adapt to rapid prototyping.
- Responsible for the coordination and completion of projects within the information technology department.
- Oversees all aspects of projects.
- Sets deadlines, assigns responsibilities, and monitors and summarizes progress of project.
- Builds and maintains working relationships with team members, vendors, and other departments involved in the projects.
- Prepares reports for upper management regarding status of project
- Responsible for coordination and completion of large scale and more complex projects
- Familiar with a variety of the field's concepts, practices, and procedures.
- Relies on extensive experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals.
- Negotiates changes in scope, budget or calendar with Project Owner and/or management.
- Leads and directs the work of others.
- A wide degree of creativity and latitude is expected.
- Typically reports to a manager or head of a unit/department.
- Provides guidance to other project managers.
- May act as a Program Manager.
- Ideally the candidate has experience in organizational change management, to effectively implement changes through projects and communicate effectively with different Stakeholders including Senior Leadership.
- Excel at translating complex technical information into laymans terms that are easily understood
- Agile experience is an asset
- 10 Years' of Project Management experience
- SAP experience is useful but not necessary