A Systems Administrator is responsible for the effective & efficient provisioning, installation/configuration, operation, and maintenance of server systems hardware and software and related infrastructure.
- Performs daily system monitoring, verifying the integrity and availability of all hardware, server resources, systems and key processes, reviewing system and application logs, and verifying completion of scheduled jobs such as backups.
- Performs regular security monitoring to identify any possible intrusions.
- Performs daily backup operations, ensuring all required file systems and system data are successfully backed up to the appropriate media, recovery tapes or disks are created, and media is recycled and sent off site as necessary.
- Perform regular file archival and purge as necessary.
- Creates, changes, and deletes user accounts & groups per request.
- Grants and removes access to server and related resources.
- Investigates and troubleshoots minor issues.
- Upgrades and configures system software per project and/or operational needs.
- Maintains operational, configuration, or other procedures.
- Maintains data centre environmental and monitoring equipment.
- Prepares basic reports and presentations as requested or necessary within their IT team
- Has Microsoft Certified System Administrator (MCSA) or UNIX, Linux equivalent certification 2-4 Years of Experience
Top 3 Must Have Experience:
- Windows Server, VMWare, Scripting (PowerShell)
- Unix/Linux, Netapp, Networking
This role is only open to Australian Permanent Residents with Full Working Rights.
Airswift is an international workforce solutions provider within the energy, process and infrastructure industries. Airswift serves as a strategic partner to our clients, offering a turnkey workforce solution to capture and deliver the top talent needed to complete successful projects by aligning with the unique needs of our clients. With over 800 employees and 6,000 contractors operating in over 50 countries, our geographical reach and pool of talent available is unmatched in the industry and the level of experience, exposure and expertise that the organization has is unparalleled.