Our client, a major EPC company, is looking for a Junior Process Engineer to work in their facilities in Houston, TX.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assist senior process engineers in carrying out project assignments.
- Perform the routine aspects of process engineering assignments requiring knowledge and application of basic chemical engineering principles.
- Perform design engineering and analysis for less complex units under general supervision of a senior engineer. With additional experience within a specialty, engineers at this level are expected to assist in the design of larger and more complex units.
- Develop heat and material balance, process flow diagrams (PFDs), process and instrumentation diagrams (P&IDs), preparation of process data sheets, equipment sizing, hydraulics line sizing, and supplemental diagrams for process systems under the supervision of a senior engineer.
- Utilize computer-based technology for process simulation and equipment design to achieve the process design work as defined by the project scope under the supervision of a senior engineer.
- Assist senior engineer in conducting preliminary feasibility or environmental studies.
- Bachelor's or Master's degree with a minimum of 2 years of experience in Chemical or Process Engineering preferred.
- Excellent verbal, written and communication skills.
- Be able to travel occasionally as required.
- Proficiency in MS Office (Excel and Word)
- Experience in Aspen Hysys, Pro II and other Simulation Software a plus