Our client, a major energy company is seeking to place an ROW Agent within their office in Houston, TX on a contract position.
This person will be responsible for advising on and assisting with the execution of legal instruments required for pipeline ROW acquisition project, handling, and advising on, general land issues related to ROW acquisition, and assisting the Land Department with departmental land related tasks as needed.
We're looking for someone with maximum 7 years of experience - with at least 4 of those in ROW.
- Understanding ArcGIS and Google Earth mapping (CAD, GIS and KMZ file types)
- Excellent Microsoft Office skills (Excel, Word, Outlook and PowerPoint)
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Experience managing Oil & Gas right-of-way projects and teams
- 4-7 years of ROW/Easement pipeline acquisition experience
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Advises and oversees work conducted by field ROW agents to assist the Land Department with ROW acquisition projects.
- Review, produce and obtain ROW/Easement documents, letters, permits, etc.
- Advise on ROW/Easement negotiations with the following entities; Private Landowners, State Land Office, State Highway, County Road Departments, Railroads, BLM, Archaeology, and any other entities which may be required.
- Provide support to field ROW agents in Landowner negotiations, taking a lead role on projects as necessary.
- Act as a liaison between the broker team, internal land department and pipeline engineering department. Maintain working communication with Pipeline construction Project Manager.
- Update and maintain Land Department project tracking and reporting methods.
- Request and review cost estimates from Broker prior to sending for Land Department for approval.
- Ability to read, understand, and review Legal Descriptions and Title reports.
- Confirm surveys and alignments have been reviewed and are accurate.
- Assist with ROW project release to Pipeline construction to ensure work is performed in timely manner.
- Oversee the entry and maintenance of ROW records Land Management System as it pertains to the ROW acquisition.
- Attend Broker/Field meetings as needed.
- Provide regular status updates and recommendations to Land Department.