Our client, a major company within the Oil & Gas industry, is looking for a Lead Cost Engineer to work on a 24-months assignment.
ROLE: Implements, administers and maintains cost control systems and procedures to track and report the project budgets, commitments, expenditures and forecasts.
- Develops Work Breakdown Structures (WBS) and Cost Breakdown Structures (CBS), as basis for project budgeting and forecasting.
- Configures, maintains and administers the cost control system and ensures effective interfaces between cost control system, Wellview and the project accounting system.
- Coordinates the preparation of project cost estimates. Ensures that the cost estimates reflect project WBS and AFE funding strategy.
- Allocates budgets in cost control system based upon the WBS and the project cost estimate. Works with the project team to breakdown the cost estimate per the WBS.
- Records and monitors all projected spending and commitments made against the project budgets; including project personnel costs, direct company costs (including Drilling & Completion costs), third party contracts/studies and in-country costs.
- Coordinates the WBS set-up and budgets with the project schedule work tasks to ensure recognition of cost and/or schedule changes and proper reflection of changes in all cost reports and in the project schedule.
- Coordinates with accounting the proper coding of invoices per the WBS and review invoices to ensure correct billing.
- Receives, allocates and reconciles project expenditure information from accounting on a monthly basis.
- Monitors, controls and forecasts monthly expenditures and work progress for the project.
- Develops ad-hoc cost reports to establish the AFE budgets, project progress, expenditures booked, and forecasted spending for each project AFE.
- Develops ad-hoc cost reports to establish annual budgets, project progress, expenditures booked and forecasts for each year, and generate annual cash flow assessments per the annual budget.
- Oil & Gas industry experience
- Fluent English
- Bachelor's Degree
- Full proficiency in MS Office tools
- Previous experience developing Work Breakdown Structures (WBS) and Cost Breakdown Structures (CBS)