Our client, one of the largest Upstream company, is seeking a Lead Material Coordinator to work on a 1-year contract within their facilities in Beaumont, TX.
- The Lead Material Coordinator will work for 2019 Light Ends TA.
- This person would involve tracking down materials in SAP, in the field, coordinating laydown areas, managing bills of materials, organizing and being a single point of contact for all 2019 south plant materials.
- The Materials Coordinator will perform and/or manage all of the activities necessary to enable effective end-to-end coordination of materials in support of Projects. Acts as the interface between the business unit and procurement.
- Will also actively interacts with planning, inventory, vendors, buyers, and maintenance on a daily basis by providing customer support, effective & timely communication, alignment with business practices/controls and a high level of materials and services fulfillment for site maintenance activities.
TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provide input on risk-based equipment spares a stock that optimizes reliability versus cost
- Develop and maintain an excellent working relationship with supporting departments promote a continuous improvement mindset
- Assist with returning parts to stock and/or vendor for credit, and core management within the mining industry
- Assist the business in executing system transactions and coordination of the logistics for repair and return stock materials
- 10-15 years of closely related professional experience
- Bachelors' degree required
- Strong knowledge of SAP material catalogs and search tools
- Have knowledge in the SAP system.
- Needs to have refinery mechanical background knowledge.
- Be 95% knowledgeable about the products
- Strong knowledge of how and where materials are used in the plant
- Advanced time management skills
- Excellent problem-solving skills
- Advanced written and oral communications skills
- Influencing with and without authority
- Organization skills