Our client is seeking a Lead OR&A Engineer with experience of commissioning start-up of major capital projects to work within their offices in Brisbane.
Our client is building capability to deliver a significant project over the coming years. Specifically, the Operational Readiness team is looking for a deeply experienced Operational readiness practitioner who is familiar with major capital project approval processes and has successfully taken a project through Final Investment decisions through to start-up. The role will both complete Operational Activities as well as coach less experienced team members.
OR&A is a vital and essential component of a projects delivery (for which Project Managers are ultimately accountable for ensuring its implementation).
The primary purpose of an OR&A practitioner is to ensure that a project delivers on its original promises, in terms of production, reliability & availability, and that it is fully ready for handover to the operate phase. This is achieved through the competent application of the OR&A standards and generating the OR&A plans which specify the related funds and resources required to support a project through its phases to final delivery. An essential part of the OR&A process is the development and inclusion of:
Required Qualification Criteria:
Demonstrated ability to deliver Operational Readiness that enables successful projects i.e. held a project leadership (Operations Readiness Lead) on large projects.
· Greater than 5 years' experience specifically in Operations Readiness.
· Greater than 15 years operations experience in Upstream Gas or similar.
· Greater than 5 years' experience with Project Management processes.
· Demonstrated ability to influence and / or constructively challenge to achieve better outcomes.
· Substantial experience applying OR&A process and tools on large projects.
· Demonstrated ability to coach and mentor to develop individual capability.
· Strong understanding of risk management and assurance processes.
· Advocating process safety in design, start-up and operations.
· Degree-level analytical and communication skills.
· Solid technical understanding and technical writing of documentation.
This is an immediate requirement and requires Australian work rights, successful applicants will not only be rewarded with an ongoing assignment for a minimum of 24 months but also an attractive day rate contract.
Airswift is an international workforce solutions provider within the energy, process and infrastructure industries. Airswift serves as a strategic partner to our clients, offering a turnkey workforce solution to capture and deliver the top talent needed to complete successful projects by aligning with the unique needs of our clients. With over 800 employees and 6,000 contractors operating in over 50 countries, our geographical reach and pool of talent available is unmatched in the industry and the level of experience, exposure and expertise that the organisation has is unparalleled.