Our client, a major chemical plant, is seeking someone for a Lead Scheduler position to work within their facilities located in Baytown, TX.
The Planning and Scheduling Lead (PL) is a specialist in project schedule development, control and forecasting. The PL assess Contractor and company generated schedules for usefulness, logic, level of detail, input sources, timing, lines of communication, and interfaces with other functional elements and consistency with Current Control Estimate, Work Breakdown Structure (WBS), and the Project Plan The PL also establishes the schedule requirements and frequencies of issue for all of the contractor schedule deliverables. The PL strives for timely detection of trends and specifically deviations from the plan.
- Only Scheduler using P6 and provide: Actual vs Planned report, 3 shifts look ahead, Critical and Sub Critical Path schedule, Schedule Pre & Post activities.
- Update schedule daily, report to T/A Manager daily on progress.
- Bachelor of Science Degree in Engineering, Engineering Technology or Construction Management
- 20+ years prior oil and gas industry experience preferred
- 20+ years in Project Controls, Project Services and/or Planning/Scheduling
- Minimum 8 years of supervisory experience required
- Willing to work overseas in a team environment, relocate to project site as required
- Strong influencing, consulting, mentoring, analytical, and computing skills
- Advanced competency in Primavera Project Planner (P6)
- Adaptability to changing priorities
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to multitask and respond quickly to urgent analysis requests
- Strong in P6, SAP, Excel, Word