Our client, a major oil and gas company, is seeking a Legal Administrative Assistant to work in their office located in Denver, Colorado.
Requires administrative support for in-house legal staff primarily in E&P work, but also supporting some midstream and HSE legal functions.
This position requires document and file management of a wide variety of legal matters in support of Denver Legal team which includes E&P, HSE and Midstream lawyers. The selected candidate will:
- Effectively communicate with all levels of the corporation.
- Complete administrative duties such as copying, scanning, scheduling meetings, ordering supplies, collecting mail.
- Assist with invoice processing.
- Follow department protocols for administratively managing legal matters including document/file retention and reporting.
- Work on special projects, including document review and internet research as needed.
- A high school diploma/GED required; bachelor's degree is preferred
- A minimum of five (5) plus years' relevant experience required.
- Advanced proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook) and Sharepoint
- Familiarity with internet legal research tools (Lexis, Westlaw)
- Ability to prioritize multiple tasks and adapt to fluctuating work demands
- Experienced in facilitating electronic and in-person meetings
- Capable of highly detailed document review and closing protocols for significant transactions
- Self-motivated and able to work in teams as well as independently
- Highly organized, detail oriented individual with excellent verbal communication and writing skills.
- Must be discreet and capable of retaining confidential and legally privileged files, correspondence and other information.