This position is responsible for performing a variety of legal, administrative, and word processing duties while exercising sound judgment over work priorities with minimal supervision. Strong legal and administrative skills, as well as the ability to multi-task and perform well under strict deadlines, are required.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Reviews variety of contracts and other documents related to the business of the company, including vendor and midstream contracts, related oil and gas business documents, and including documents of a legal and/or commercial nature.
- Types and edits documents quickly and accurately, proofreading for content and typographical errors.
- Organizes and maintains various contract files and records, in electronic and/or physical form.
- Completes work product according to instructions and within the requested time frame.
- Handles general administrative duties such as travel arrangements, meeting coordination, expense reports, time entry and other company requirements with efficiency and in a proactive manner.
- Opens and closes files as necessary, promptly handles the filing of legal or other administrative materials and sends materials to off-site storage as necessary.
- Helps prepare and/or attends training sessions to keep up to date with technological tools and software upgrades.
- Regularly interacts in a timely and efficient manner with team members across the organization in a variety of locations.
BA/BS degree and/or paralegal certificate is required
Desired Skills / Experience:
Must have contracts review and other transactional experience.
LNG/Pipeline experience desired.
At least three years legal secretarial/paralegal experience desired.