We are Recruiting for a Legal Counsel to support one of our Major Oil & Gas Clients based out of Perth.
All employees are responsible for performing their duties in a responsible manner in keeping with our Clients HSEQ Policy, Australian law, International Law, and the law of other jurisdictions as required;
Main Accountabilities and Responsibilities:
- Manage, communications with internal clients, co-venturers and counterparties
- Provide Legal support to both the Australian and regional business;
- Lead contract reviews, drafting and negotiations internally and externally
- Participate in Litigation meetings and Dispute resolution strategies
- Provide advice on oil and gas matters; and relevant governing agreements
- Monitor and advise on compliance with statutory and contractual obligations in both operated and non-operated joint ventures and production sharing contracts advise on operator compliance with operating agreements and statutory requirements
- Ensure legal documents meet our Clients Group standards and provide support in the development of such standards
- Provide support in preparing and timely lodgement of submissions
- Under direction of Head of Legal liaise with external legal advisers, as appropriate
- Provide support to other members of the Legal Department as required on matters whether detailed above or otherwise
Qualifications, Attributes & Experience:
- 3 to 6 years' experience post articles.
- Law Degree from an Australian University or equivalent from non-Australian Tertiary Institution
- Admission to practice in Australia or equivalent in respect of non-Australian territory
- Experience in upstream oil & gas law; knowledge of statutory requirements as they relate to the business
- Experience with contracts and procurement matters an advantage
- Ability to work in a small team
- Good communication skills and ability to interact and communicate well with our Clients internal clients of all levels and external government
- Ability and willingness to travel as required.
Summary on Airswift:
Airswift is an international workforce solutions provider within the energy, process and infrastructure industries. Airswift serves as a strategic partner to our clients, offering a turnkey workforce solution to capture and deliver the top talent needed to complete successful projects by aligning with the unique needs of our clients. With over 800 employees and 6,000 contractors operating in over 50 countries, our geographical reach and pool of talent available is unmatched in the industry and the level of experience, exposure and expertise that the organization has is unparalleled.
Please apply if you hold the above qualifications and experience. Due to the high volume of applications, unfortunately only successful candidates will be contacted. For a confidential discussion please call our Senior Recruitment Consultant - Abigail Aitken on (08) 6318 1180