Our client, a major oil and gas company, is seeking a line locator to work within their facilities located Watford City, North Dakota.
You will be responsible for one call response, documentation and record keeping in order to ensure compliance with law.
- Underground line locating and mapping of underground utilities.
- Conduct surveys for new pipeline and power line.
- Lead the safety effort to ensure all excavation work in and around the pipelines complies with regulations and policies to protect the health and wellbeing of personnel involved in the work.
- Perform line locating as per one call requests and in accordance with the line-finding procedures.
- Ensure pipeline maps are maintained and are readily available.
- Ensure the implementation of safety & environmental procedures and in compliance with regulations and policies.
- Install/Stake out and map locations using GPS systems.
- Ensure line Locators are dispatched to sweep, mark, and maps underground utilities prior to excavation.
You need to have 3 years of experience. This position requires basic knowledge of discipline. You need to follow established procedures to solve standard, straight-forward problems and have the ability to perform routine assignments based on detailed instructions/past practices.