Airswift is seeking a Maintenance Planner/Scheduler to work on a 24-months contract for one of our major clients in Beaumont, TX.
This professional will be responsible for the planning and scheduling of all Maintenance activities they should have good understanding of safety, health, and environmental requirements (SHE), work selection criteria, work planning, norms estimating, procurement practices, business practices and controls, contractor interface awareness, development of job packs, etc.
It is expected of them to be skilled in scheduling work tasks to ensure efficient resource utilization, excellent coordination between operations (equipment readiness / permitting), material availability, construction equipment support, and labor crew (skills) composition and assignment.
Tasks & Responsibilities
- Demonstrates SAFETY is the top priority
- Participates in planning with Core/Work Teams
- Plans and schedules any Routine Maintenance work required
- Works with Planner in developing schedule, cost estimates and equipment planning for Routine work to be accomplished during the Turnaround window
- Able to plan complex job and develop resource plan with Scheduler, Execution lead, and Operations across all disciplines.
- Able to apply advanced functions of Planning & Estimating Tools, as applicable to the position.
- Able to educate field execution personnel on look-ahead schedules, and help ensure timely work progression.
- Able to provide input to maintenance work Contracting/Procurement strategy and steward to that plan.
- Able to resolve scheduling issues, including: Negative Float, Out-of-sequence updates, resource overloads, scope change, progress validation, etc.
- Able to plan, estimate, track and schedule Field Order Changes (FCO's).
- Able to apply planning logic, such as, lead, lag, critical path and milestones.
- Able to adequately assess work contingencies with schedule impact, lead coordination activity between teams should contingencies arise.
Skills & Qualifications
- 5-10 years of closely related professional experience
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering within an applicable discipline, appropriate certification(s) within discipline, or equivalent professional experience
- Proficient in Microsoft Office suite of software programs
- Proficient in selected scheduling and planning software