Our client, a major oil and gas company, is seeking a Maintenance Team Lead II to work within their facilities located in Port Arthur, Texas.
You will provide engineering support, development, and assurance for Major Maintenance, Tanks and Programs (MMT&P) activities to ensure safe, reliable, lean and cost-effective projects/events.
- Promote "working safely" by participating in weekly staff safety meetings, production safety engagement, job safety audits, and discussing job safety routinely with co-workers to identify improvement opportunities and personally adhering to all requirements.
- Initiate and perform project engineer role for replace in kind "maintenance capital" projects executed during MMT&P events and for Maintenance Department Infrastructure Projects.
- Provide engineering support for scope development, planning and work execution of MMT&P projects/events.
- Provide engineering and procurement support for long lead engineered items.
- Prepare bid packages for engineered items.
- Coordinate engineering input from technical disciplines on MMT&P scope.
- Provide engineering review of chemical cleaning and passivation plans.
- Provide engineering support for maintenance items including constructability issues, critical lifts, design/fabrication of load carrying components, design and installation of temporary facilities.
- Manage design team to deliver piping ISOs for MMT&P work letter items.
- Participate in the MMT&P work scope risk assessments
- Support MMT&P to improve work processes and establish best practices.
- Assist in the development of the MX07 5-year plan and ensuring alignment with the site 5-year business plans.
- Lead the "lean", waste elimination and continuous improvement efforts for MMT&P.
- Participate on RCFA, Rework and quality investigations.
- Confirm equipment is overhauled, repaired and returned to service in accordance with Shell EGGS, industry standards and applicable codes.
- Assist PTSEs with management of change reviews to ensure safe operation and design of equipment and related to MMT&P projects/events.
- Support the planning and execution of the QA/QC plan for MMT&P projects/events.
- Be functional in locating technical documents and drawings and interfaces with "document control" or other support groups to ensure MMT&P is "working from the current equipment drawing revision"
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor's degree in mechanical engineering
- Other engineering degrees considered based on industry experience.
- 3-5 years minimum experience in refining, petrochemical, pulp/paper, utilities or other process related industries
- Knowledge of Maintenance Work Processes.
- Knowledge of MOC Work Process.
- Knowledge of Engineering Standards and best practices.
- Knowledge of Process Operations.