Job Title: Marine Superintendent
Department: Operations Department
Location: Aktau, Kazakhstan
Ensuring that all vessels are operated in accordance with good marine practices and in compliance with Company/Client Procedures and Local Laws and Regulations, ensuring safe working practices are adhered to at all times. Maintaining awareness and advising the Operations Manager of all Local Regulations which may affect the vessel operations within the Caspian Sea.
- Must be Marine superintendent in compliance with STCW IΙ/2
- A recognized degree or equivalent professional qualifications in maritime management.
- 3 years of experience as Marine superintendent on offshore support vessels
- 3 years of shore experience in superintendent role
- Excellent Knowledge of offshore support vessels
- Fluent English
- Ensuring compliance where appropriate with the Company's Procedures and Policies in accordance with the requirements of the ISM Code and ISO 9001:2008 ISO14001:2004 & ISO18001:2007 Standards.
- Liaising with the Port Captain and vessel Masters with reference to certification.
- Liaise with the Operations Department and respective team members regarding Certification, Safety Equipment and Loose Lifting Gear etc.
- Ensure that vessels carry the required publications, procedures, operational manuals, and other documentation required by Flag State and other regulatory bodies, and that these are updated as required.
- Liaising with the Personnel Department regarding all aspects of travel, crew changes and other Personnel issues in conjunction with the Vessel Master.
- Liaising with the Purchasing Department to ensure timely delivery of supplies, and that purchase requisitions are being tracked and expedited in a timely manner. Bringing to the attention of the Operations Manager any items which have the potential to disrupt operations.
- Assisting with investigating any accidents or incidents and preparing reports in conjunction with the Operations Manager and QHSSE Manager.
- Undertaking visits offshore to vessels on location as required by the Operations Manager.
- Being prepared in an emergency to cover for a senior member of sea staff until a relief can be obtained.
- Participating in vessel inspections and presentations as per schedule within the annual QHSSE Plan, and providing accurate reports indicating vessels current equipment, machinery, structural and operational status.
- Ensuring that all mandatory procedures i.e. Tool box talks, Risk assessments, permits to work, hot work permits etc., are used effectively and filed for audit purposes.
- Participating in the S.A.F.E-R Card program and stopping and reporting any unsafe acts, but also reporting on good safe working practices observed.
- Ensuring that all vessels are operated in accordance with good marine practices and in compliance with Company/Client Procedures and Local Laws and Regulations, ensuring safe working practices are adhered to at all times.
- Ensure IMCA guidelines and "best industry practices" are adhered to at all times, with regard to vessel DP operations, equipment and personnel requirements.
- Management of OVID program for the fleet assigned. All OVPQ are up to date, finding closeouts to be obtained, vetted, inserted and published within given time frame
- Assist in the tending process to ensure the assigned vessel is fit for the scope of work required and relay any gap analysis identified or potential costs and delays to the chartering department.
- Ensuring that end of month vessel paperwork is reviewed, and outstanding issues acted upon.
- Preparing vessel repair specifications in association with the Operations Manager and Technical superintendent.
- Assisting in the internal and external audits of vessel which Topaz Marine owns, manages or operates.
- Providing information on vessel activities and advising the Operations Manager accordingly to ensure that adequate stocks of key supplies are held in Kazakhstan, therefore ensuring the operational integrity of the vessels
- Working closely with the QHSSE Manager so as to ensure implementation and ongoing compliance with Company Procedures.
- Maintaining awareness and advising the Operations Manager of all Local Regulations which may affect the vessel operations within the Caspian Sea.
- Actively promoting safety awareness among all Company Personnel.
- Advising the Operations Manager of any training needs identified that could improve efficiency.
- Responsible for the overall management and performance of the employees and crew assigned to the fleet, in accordance with the Company's EVP and HR & Crewing Procedures
- Ensure that the assigned vessels are manned in compliance with, flag and industry legislation, and Company policies.
- Monitor manning levels on all vessels to ensure appropriate manpower is allocated for each project, and ensure that costs are properly controlled