Our Client is looking for a Marine Engineer to join their offshore team.
- Marine Engineer is responsible for the safe and cost effective operation and maintenance of the facility's engine room systems including ER Boilers, Deck Boilers, associated equipment and selected vessel utilities with minimal environmental impact in accordance with legislation, class, flag and the compliance assurance management system (CAMS).
- Co-ordinating with the discipline lead technicians complete all engine room task schedules and provide first hand technical guidance on marine plant and equipment, including repair procedures and strategies.
- Implement planned and corrective maintenance on all engine room, pump room and boiler equipment offshore, in a safe and competent manner, to safeguard the availability and operating condition so that maximum compliance and production targets can be achieved. Implement statutory working practices and Health, Safety and Environmental Procedures and the Permit to Work System.
- Provide engine room, pump room, engine room boiler, deck boiler and selected utilities support to the facility operations.
- Provide support when required to maintenance, marine and production team members in matters pertaining to the safe operating of engine room, boiler and selected utilities systems.
- Is deemed by position to ensure that compliance to the company CAMS is followed.
- Provides first line maintenance for engine room, pump room, boiler, selected utilities and pump room equipment.
- Operates engine room and pump room equipment including, marine diesel generators, engine room boilers, steam cargo oil pump, steam ballast pump refrigeration plant, fresh water generators and associated equipment, fuel oil centrifuges, sea water systems and air compressors.
- Ensures reliable operation and maintenance of the TR and accommodation refrigeration and HVAC systems and in doing so ensures safe and reliable management of all Engine Room Freon gases.
- Ensures effective management of the topsides engine room and deck boiler water systems.
- Supervise as required and support as required the deck boiler selected support contractor.
- Ensures effective management of all ship-side valves and maintains register.
- Performs the role of mechanical isolator for engine room equipment.
- Assists maintenance department with general maintenance tasks as and when required and instructed by the Maintenance Supervisor.
- Manages the installation Temporary Equipment Register ensuring appropriate pre operations QA checks are carried out and PMs are conducted as scheduled.
- Ensures good standards of engine room housekeeping are maintained.
- Performs risk assessment for proposed work scopes and ensure suitable mitigating controls are identified and implemented to safeguard personnel.
- Provides training to production and maintenance personnel for operation of marine systems and equipment.
- Marine Engineer Class 2 certificate.(Steam preferred)
- Marine Engineering trade apprenticeship.
- Five (5) year experience in the UK/North Sea offshore oil & gas environmen
- Relevant operating experience on an marine facility and detailed knowledge of tanker operations and maintenance
- Experience in the operation and maintenance of process equipment.
- Experience with Permit to Work systems.
- Experience with Safety Management System and Computerized Maintenance Management System.
- Computer literate with experience of computer based maintenance management systems.
- Strong personal and interpersonal skills.
- All offshore certification
Summary on Airswift:
Airswift is an international workforce solutions provider within the energy, process and infrastructure industries. Airswift serves as a strategic partner to our clients, offering a turnkey workforce solution to capture and deliver the top talent needed to complete successful projects by aligning with the unique needs of our clients. With over 800 employees and 6,000 contractors operating in over 50 countries, our geographical reach and pool of talent available is unmatched in the industry and the level of experience, exposure and expertise that the organization has is unparalleled.
If you would like to be considered for this role and would like further details please apply now!