I am recruiting for a Business Development Manager - Consumer Specialities for an international specialty chemical manufacturer on a permanent staff basis. Candidates must reside in one of the following locations: Netherlands, UK, France, Germany, Italy.
This is a strategic role that will be assessing opportunities for my client to sell into the flavours, fragrance and homecare market (i.e. new geographies, new applications for chemical products).
The Business Development Manager Consumer Specialties EMEA uses their regional knowledge along with technical, business and marketing skills to capture value and growth in the Consumer Specialties markets in Europe, Middle East and Africa. The Business Development Manager has to travel in the region to identify new and growth markets for products within the Consumer Specialties Segments. The work of the business development manager will be key for the growth strategy and perspective of the Consumer Specialties business.
The tasks carried out by Business Development Manager EMEA include:
- Working on segment & key account plans in cooperation with Marketing and Sales. Building value propositions Identifying and mapping the end users in the various application areas leading to a bottom up overview of current and future sales opportunities. This needs to be done based on top down market intelligence and bottom up field information. Understanding the trends, regulations and growth potential of application areas in the various countries
- Assist the account managers in understanding the competitive landscape in the various segments and countries. Identify key producers, distributors and importers and understand their market position.
- Identifying promotional activities and materials for the various local markets and countries. Arranging and carrying out product training; making support material, like technical presentations and demonstrating how a product meets client needs;
- Support marketing activities by attending trade shows, conferences and other marketing events and representing products.
- Promote and secure qualification of Consumer Specialties products at (R&D level of) identified prospects.
- Drive the business development projects to success within the company
- Work experience in business, marketing, sales or technical sales experience is required. Proven track record of generating value by developing new application areas. A chemical or related technical background is a preferred.
- Master degree in Chemistry, Chemical Engineering or related studies.
- 12-15 years experience in a similar role.
- Analytical and problem-solving skills in order to get quick insight in local markets.
- Strong interpersonal skills to build relationships and industry network with prospects and market players in new markets and communicate verbally and in writing for external promotion of products.
- Person requires excellent communication skills in order to act in the various European countries. Fluent in English. Other European languages are a plus.
- Persistent in pursuing leads.
- Work in team of BDMs in Americas and Asia, applications engineers, R&D specialist, marketing and sales and quality control.
- Sound judgement and good business sense. Person needs to be a quick learner.
- Independence and self-reliance.
Please get in touch with your CV and contact number if interested.