Our client, a major company within the O&G industry is seeking a Material Handler to integrate their team at their facilities in Hackberry, LA.
They will also, receive and issue material in SAP utilizing handheld devices and they will report to the Warehouse Supervisor.
- Responsible for receiving, issuing, stocking, and counting material.
- Move material around the supply warehouse and run inventory control points using carts, dollies, pallet jacks, and forklifts
- Delivers materials, equipment, valves, and connections, via company vehicle, forklift or hand dolly for the operations and maintenance activities at the plant
- Records all transactions in SAP.
- Liasing with O&M and admin personal while executing their activities.
- May be required to report to work during unscheduled time for emergencies.
- Compliance with HSE standards
- Training and experience equivalent to three years of full-time employment in warehousing and materials management, or a closely related field.
- Some experience with a computerized inventory control system, or a combination of education and experience;
- Proficiency in SAP;
- High level of HSE awareness.
Skills/ Knowledge/ Abilities
- Possess strong interpersonal skills in dealing with all internal staff and customers.
- Knowledge of: modern materials management; business-based customer service and vendor relations; accounting and recordkeeping requirements of inventory control and warehousing operations; inventory control principles and practices; computerized inventory control system operations; warehousing and materials storage safety practices, procedures, and equipment;
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with terminal facility employees, vendors, and suppliers;
- Strong communication skills;
- Self-starter with ability to work strategically with minimal direction;
- Able to remain calm and effective in emergencies;
- Able to communicate fluently in English
- Strong use of Microsoft software, email, and able to use computers
- Ability to routinely lift at least 50 lbs, move pallets, move boxes off shelves onto a cart, climb up and down stairs, and work in a non-climate control environment.