Our client is seeking an experienced Measurement Analyst to join their team on a long term, contract basis in Houston with travel to Carrizo Springs, TX.
The Measurement Analyst is responsible for collecting, reviewing and reporting daily production data in a variety of forms.
In this role the Measurement Analyst will:
- Prepare, QC, and Distribute various daily Production reports for internal and partner use
- Work with Production Operations and Production accounting to prepare input data for the Daily Production Estimate ("DPE") allocation process
- Check for negative oil and gas production and work with Prod. Ops to resolve on a daily basis
- Check for negative tank levels and resolve
- Load meter data as needed and perform validation
- Perform QC and Validation on DPE Output before distributing for internal and partner use * Maintain Inactive Well Lists for use by Production Engineering, Analysts, and Accounting
- Monitor daily balances and review data where limits are exceeded
- Work with Measurement team in Prod. Ops to update inaccurate meters via FMS when discovered during QC process
- Prepare draft monthly Comanche Production accruals and submit to Production Engineering Manager and Prod. Accounting for review
- Perform data validation and quality control on DPE input data
- Provides data management, information and support to operations engineering staff.
- Gathers quality control, organization, and analysis of technical and production data from a variety of sources to assist with technical analysis
- Maintains various engineering databases through QC and regular updates
- Identifies and implements process improvements related to existing workflows
- Creates various reports to understand variances and metrics
- Input, maintain, QC, extract, manipulate, and analyze operations data. Recognize variations, and opportunities from the data
- Mentor other staff in production data-related items.
- Other duties as assigned
Qualifications / Required experience
· Bachelor's degree or equivalent combination of education, technical training and work experience
· 2+ years Oil and gas industry experience with a technical bachelor's degree (Finance, Acctg, Math, Engineering, etc.) or 7+ years oil and gas industry experience without technical degree
· Exposure to production accounting concepts
· Must be able to work in a dynamic team environment
· Demonstrated ability to understand and utilize computer systems and applications as tools for analysis.
· Proficient at extracting, manipulating, correcting, and analyzing data using various software's and database management techniques (SQL queries in particular)
· Demonstrate basic understanding of production measurement and allocation processes. Previous experience with FMS or Flowcal is a plus.
· Ability to work within multi- discipline teams
· Excellent analytical skills
· Competence with Microsoft Software Package i.e. Excel, Access, SQL Server Management Studio
· Knowledge and Experience in technical applications software such as Spotfire
Job Type: Full-time