The role of a natural gas measurement technician is to insure the integrity and reliability of natural gas meters, measurement recording and gas sampling equipment and perform operations and maintenance at metering facilities in compliance with company policy and procedures and in compliance with applicable DOT regulations.
Measurement technicians are employed at every segment of natural gas production, processing, transportation and delivery. Potential employers are natural gas producers/operators, midstream gathering and processing companies, pipeline and storage companies, local utilities/distribution companies and the petro-chemical industry. Scope and Magnitude: Tests, calibrates, operates, maintains, and inspects electronic and mechanical flow meters and obtain gas samples.
Communicate at a technical level and interface with customers, measurement, operations, and engineering groups.
Assist in field and/or pipeline operations and maintenance functions.
Utilize basic computer skills to use e-mail, meter test and data collection software and hardware, and complete electronic reports.
* Install, configure, troubleshoot, operate, maintain, inspect, test, and calibrate electronic flow meters, associated measurement and communications equipment, control and relief valves.
* Witness testing and calibration of 3rd party meters.
* Collect gas samples.
* Maintain typical pipeline equipment, basic measurement equipment, valves, etc.
* Responsible for proper operation and maintenance of pipeline facilities in accordance with company procedures/policies and DOT regulations.
* Must complete applicable reporting and documentation of key operating parameters.
* Must have people skills and task prioritizing skills. Key Essential Qualifications:
Education, Experience and Skills Required:
* High School Diploma or Equivalent.
* Valid Driver's License.
* Must speak and read English fluently.
* Must pass pre-employment drug screening and is subject to random DOT drug testing. * Must be capable of physical duties in outdoor environment.