Gas Measurement Tech
One of the most successful exploration and production companies with assets in northern Louisiana is in search of an experienced measurement tech specializing in gas measurement.
The ideal candidate will have 2+ years of experience in measurement and live within a 50 mile radius of Haughton, LA. This is a long-term opportunity with full benefits, 401K and very competitive hourly pay rates.
Measurement Tech Overview:
The role of a natural gas measurement technician is to insure the integrity and reliability of natural gas meters, measurement recording and gas sampling equipment and perform operations and maintenance at metering facilities in compliance with company policy and procedures and in compliance with applicable DOT regulations. Measurement technicians are employed at every segment of natural gas production, processing, transportation and delivery.
Measurement Tech Primary Responsibilities:
* Install, configure, troubleshoot, operate, maintain, inspect, test, and calibrate electronic flow meters, associated measurement and communications equipment, control and relief valves.
* Witness testing and calibration of 3rd party meters.
* Collect gas samples.
* Maintain typical pipeline equipment, basic measurement equipment, valves, etc.
* Responsible for proper operation and maintenance of pipeline facilities in accordance with company procedures/policies and DOT regulations.
* Must complete applicable reporting and documentation of key operating parameters.
* Must have people skills and task prioritizing skills.
Key Essential Qualifications: Education, Experience and Skills Required:
Background in I/E or in Electrical work highly desired
Experience with ROC 800 and 107 as well as with Emmerson equipment
High School Diploma or Equivalent. * Valid Driver's License.
* Must speak and read English fluently.
* Must pass pre-employment drug screening and is subject to random DOT drug testing.
* Must be capable of physical duties in outdoor environment.