Mechanical Technical Authority (TA)
This position will involve technical assurance activities in all cycles of operation from initial conceptual design through project construction / commissioning and operations / maintenance support onto decommissioning.
This role provides the opportunity for you to be a key influencer in the organisation. As such you will need to be experienced in both project execution and operations support work and also be able to demonstrate proactive and collaborative working behaviours.
- Ensuring safe operations and preventing Major Accidents
- Maximising the value of projects and modifications
- Provision of value adding guidance to the business
- Provide functional leadership to the Mechanical Engineers as Head of Discipline
- Establishing the engineering framework and discipline strategy for mechanical engineering
- Team leader - demonstrated functional leader able to motivate self and others to action.
- Team player - ability to work as a member of the Technical Authorities team supporting both other TAs and the business to deliver efficient business focused, pragmatic safe solutions.
- Value adding focus, with a proactive drive for continuous business improvement, effective cost reduction and simplification of processes and procedure.
- Seeks opportunities for continuous Improvement, challenging the current status quo looking for new ways of efficient working and simplification
- Approachable and open to challenge - as well as providing supportive challenge within the function and outwith your discipline in the wider TA team.
- Effective delegator - able to grow, support and develop the functional team
- Strong networking and communication skills both externally and internally - ability to cultivate strong working relationships with business counterparts and network externally to ensure you are aware of industry good practice and improvement initiatives.
- Ability to work effectively across multiple activities, planning work load and managing deadlines and conflicting / changing priorities.
- Can demonstrate the ability for creative thinking, pragmatic risk assessment, effective problem solving and development of simple solutions while communicating intentions and progress.
- Extensive mechanical engineering experience within projects and operations/maintenance support in both upstream and midstream oil and gas facilities
- Technical Authority experience of a client/operator environment and knowledge of the safety, environmental and operational aspects of their work
- Extensive experience of pressure systems integrity management and fitness for service assessments, rotating and static equipment
- Extensive experience of maintenance, maintenance strategies, safety/environmental critical elements/activities and performance standards
- Experience of engineering contractor processes, procedures, estimating methods and delivery processes
- Knowledge and experience of project implementation methodology
- Understanding of relevant legislative requirements and national / international standards
- Extensive industry experience working to an advance level of competence
- Related degree
- Chartered engineer (relevant Institution)
- MIST and RGIT BOSIET Training