Our client, a major oil and gas company, is seeking a Mechanical Technician to work within their facilities located in Orla, Texas area.
- Identify and help develop work process improvements and efficiencies for the maintenance processes.
- Execute maintenance and repair of general equipment in accordance with established procedures and guidelines.
- Ensure that the required level of productivity, quality, safety and environmental standards are achieved.
- Ensure all the Areas work is completed in line with the Discipline Specialists Best practice guidelines.
- Establish and facilitate team work and knowledge transfer between the area and specialist groups.
- Coach technicians and work with them to develop training plans.
- Ensure maintenance activities are carried out to the highest safety and environmentally ethical standards.
- Understand plant & instrument diagrams.
Required and Preferred Skills and Experience
- Intermediate level, typically 3-5 years of experience.
- Provides technical/functional and/or administrative support.
- General working knowledge of specific systems, terminology and procedures used within the department.
- Performs routine tasks.
- Able to solve problems and make basic decisions.