A super producer with assets in Kermit, TX is in need of a Mechanical Technician to join their team.
About the Position:
This is a senior level role. The mechanical technician provides more technical support than administrative support. Typically viewed as a technical/functional specialist in discipline. The ideal candidate will possess the ability to apply extensive knowledge and experience to a wide variety of situations, recommends solutions to complex problems, performs major accountabilities. Typically acts as a lead in the technical/functional area, coordinating the work of others, but is not a supervisor.
Mechanical Technician Scope of Duties:
- Identifies and helps develop work process improvements and efficiencies for the maintenance processes.
- Executes maintenance and repair of general equipment in accordance with established procedures and guidelines.
- Ensures that the required level of productivity, quality, safety and environmental standards are achieved.
- Ensures all the Areas work is completed in line with the Discipline Specialists Best practice guidelines.
- Establishes and facilitates team work and knowledge transfer between the area and specialist groups.
- Coaches Technicians, and working with them to develop training plans.
- Ensures maintenance activities are carried out to the highest safety and environmentally ethical standards.
- Understands plant & instrument diagrams.
- Typically requires 7+ years of experience.
- Prior work experience as a field production mechanic.
- Knowledgeable in rotating surface equipment such as centrifugal, gear, and plunger pumps.
- Highly desired: Ability to work on VRU and air compressors.