MSP|Drilling/Drillsite Manager III|Onshore
Posted: 11-01-2019 15:53
Midland, Texas, USA
- Accountable for safe and efficient execution of all well site operations.
- Position is responsible to direct day to day well site operations on land based operations.
- Key job responsibilities are working in a team environment to ensure the safety of all personnel on location and compliance with all applicable environmental regulations.
- Managing activities of drilling contractor personnel and 3rd party contractors, managing logistics for personnel and equipment to and from location.
- Providing accurate daily reports to the Drilling Superintendent and data entry into Well view, maintaining accurate cost control. Strong communication skills are imperative.
- Position requires employee to work a 14/14 work schedule at various field locations.
- Must be able to successfully pass Chevron's IADC Well Control training to achieve certification for well control.
- Additional technical training will be provided as required through companys internal training program.
- Diverse drilling experience including horizontal drilling execution.
- Provides direction to Business Partners on all aspects of drilling operations on a daily basis.
- Must have 10+ years of industry experience
- Must have 7+ years of drill site management experience
- Well Control Certification
- High School Diploma/GED is required
- Strong DSM experience in the oil and gas field
- Previous Chevron experience
- Good organizational and analytical skills.
- Holds self & others accountable for performance.
- Nurtures professional growth of other DSMs. Strong mentor to other DSMs.
- Strong communicator to both Chevron and Business partners.
- Strong emphasis on safety of personnel.
- Demonstrated capacity to lead and supervise diverse rig teams to achieve Incident Free operations
- Works well with others in a multi-functional team environment.
- Sets clear expectations and provides feedback to employees and Contractor personnel.
- Supports the training process and training programs.