Provides supervision to the Mud Engineering team during the drilling process by coordinating various activities such as suspending cuttings and controlling Ensures that the drilling mud utilised is in line with the required specifications based on the expected geology.
Project Planning & Execution
- Supervises advises on the work of the mud service companies engineers on the rig including receiving daily information from the service companies' mud engineers to ensure operations ore according to prescribed programme and making periodic visits to the rigs to ensure proper application of the programmes and availability of the proper tools and materials needed.
- Studies and prepares programmes for mud making using various programmes depending on type of drilling and location, such as exploration, directional drilling, vertical drilling and workover fluids.
- Analyses and evaluates the mud materials and/or chemicals to ensure that they meet specifications, includes performing required laboratory tests and analyses, and evaluating the materials and/or chemicals used in the field.
- Controls the mud operations considering cost and time. Includes finding the most suitable materials at the lowest price and ensuring the efficient application of the materials by the service companies to avoid losses in time and cost.
- Estimates the mud, materials, and chemical requirements for stock and for running of all drilling and workover rigs. Includes estimating tonnage per material, per well, per year, and forwarding estimates to Drilling Manager to ensure availability of stock in materials.
- Liaises with mud service companies in discussions on materials, mud engineering techniques and mud engineers to be used for new drilling operations.
- Planning all the drilling activities at Khormor and Chamchamal.
- Liaises closely with operations and engineering teams in activity planning, engineering change and cost control.
- Assists in recruiting, monitoring, training, and appraising drilling personnel.
- Ensures that all activities are accurately recorded in the drilling management system, providing all necessary reports to operations support team.
- Ensure that producers for the safe execution of tasks are in place and adhered to (Including Task Instructions, Permits-to Work, Task Risk Assessments, and Toolbox Task).
Health and Safety
- Implements all HSE guidelines and regulations and ensures compliance with acceptable norms and standards.
Reporting and Communication
- Reports to the Drilling Manager on all issues relating own responsibilities.
- Exhibits and maintains excellent working relationships with all staff.
Continuous Improvement of Position
Conducts studies to identify areas for improving facilities s on a continuous basis in order to facilitate the operations. Recommends improvement actions and practices to senior management.
Minimum Educational, Technical Qualifications/Certifications Required
Bachelor degree Petroleum Engineering or equivalent technical field
Minimum Professional Experience Required
Minimum of 12-14 years' related experience
Specific Requirements and Conditions
Middle East Experience mandatory (preferably experience in Kurdistan)