Our client, a major oil and gas company is seeking a Natural Gas Compressor Mechanic to work within their facilities located in Catarina, Texas.
You must be a skilled mechanic with abilities to operate, troubleshoot, diagnosis and repair natural gas compressors
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Must have experience with heavy mechanical and some electrical service.
- Ability to inspect engines, compressors and mechanical equipment: diagnose problems and determine extent of necessary repairs; supervise and schedule repairs and routine preventative maintenance.
- Ability to overhaul, repairs and maintenance of engines, compressors, pumps, turbines and motors.
- Detailed awareness of compressor components including: lubrication systems, shut-down systems, loading and unloading valves, pistons, valves and electrical systems.
- Ability to use of hand tools, power tools, and electronic diagnostic equipment
- Knowledge and experience on compression, process and production equipment, as well as electrical systems, including panel boards, skid wiring, etc.
- Must have understanding of equipment repair manuals
- Ability to monitor and stimulate maximum efficiency and productivity to minimize problems and downtime.
- Performing lockout/tagout, starting/stopping of equipment, and perform equipment checks.
- Must meet required production rate expectations.
- Perform job duties in a safe and efficient manner.
- Must adhere to company policies and procedures
- Assures that machinery, equipment, and facilities are properly maintained for efficient production.
- General upkeep of facilities and equipment including: engines/compressors, company vehicle, shops and tool rooms.
- 2+ years of industry experience required
- Must have a valid Driver's License
- High School diploma or G.E.D.
- Ability to successfully pass background check, MVR, and drug screen