Our client, a major chemical company, is seeking a Packaging Operator to work within their facilities located in Brighton, Colorado.
Under the direction of the Plant Manager, incumbent will always be present on the product line/lines assuring correct components, coding and labels are maintained. As well as oversee smooth operation of production line including cartridge packaging, lid application, coding, labeling and packaging.
- Maintain smooth line operation through continues improvements, cleaning and settings.
- Check that components and codes comply with recipe of current production.
- Control product quality through communicating item damage or off spec condition that exist to QC.
- Recommend maintenance or changes as necessary to assure continuous production.
- Maintain safe working area by keeping clutter from accumulating, continuous cleaning.
- Wear required PPE (personal protective equipment) as directed by safety manager.
- Maintain warehouse equipment to assure safe and efficient operation.
- Be dependable. Report on time to your position every day giving as much notices as possible of absences.
- Be available for production on a daily basis as necessary.
- Other duties as directed by Plant manager
- Lifting - Ability to Lift 40-60 lbs.
- 20-30 Times per Hour Standing - Stand 8-9 Hours Per Day
- Bending - Frequent Bending
- Climbing - Minimal Climbing
- Temperature - Working temperature between 70-75 degrees F
- Air Quality - Minimal Dust
- Lighting - Good lighting
PERSONAL PROTECTIVE EQUIPMENT REQUIREMENTS:
- Steel Toe Work Boots or Shoes are REQUIRED
- Safety Glasses at all Times
- Gloves Required when Formulating Active
- Gloves as Required for Material Handling
- Ear Protection as Required by Equipment Operating
- Physically able to work on feet and lift maximum of 50 lbs. for an extended period of time.
- Ability to read and understand production documents, MSDS and safety information required.
- Production, mechanical experience necessary.
- Part time - Monday thru Friday 6-8-hour shifts, 5:30am - 1:30pm| 9:00am - 4:00pm | 4:30pm - 12:30am.
- Full time - 1st week Monday, Tuesday, Saturday, & Sunday 2nd week Wednesday, Thursday, & Friday. Day or night shift. Alternating weekends off.