PAS Infrastructure Network Engineer - Woking, Surrey
Our client is currently recruiting for a PAS Infrastructure Network Engineer to support our Automation and Control projects from their Woking office. The successful candidate will be responsible for maintaining a high level of knowledge of Virtualisation engineering solutions, standards and procedures to be able to command internal as well as external customers to effectively manage the engineering scope of the projects from concept to completion in support of the overall objectives of the company. You will aslo be expected to support the implementation of projects in line with company objectives including continuous improvement of margin, customer satisfaction, schedule, working capital and safety performance.
- Provides technical and / or functional responsibility for Automation project execution.
- Provides Expertise in the design and implementation of Virtualisation.
- Plays a primary role in defining Automation and Controls deliverable requirement and system design.
- Supports the Infrastructure execution team lead in accomplishing project objectives.
- Design and Implementation for the Process Control Domain (PCD). ISA 99 (Purdue Model) Level 2
- Detailed design, implementation and delivery of the L3/L3.5 network hardware and application design based on the engineering design information from the PAS Design Team.
- Production of test specifications (FAT / SAT) required for ensuring compliance of the implementation with design requirements.
- Working closely with the PAS Infrastructure Network Lead who will retain responsibility for the PCD global design details (e.g. Network Forest, IP addresses, Windows Active Directory, Group Policies, Virtualization, Cabling Infrastructure and knowledge of Cisco switches and templates in line with Honeywell's supported versions) and will work with the PAS Infrastructure Network Architect on all aspects of PCD global design
- Conformance to DMZ and security (Firewall Polices / ACL) requirements both for the client's infrastructure and for the Staging Facility.
- Prepares and reviews engineering studies, design drawings and documents, and material and equipment specifications.
- Resolves speciality related engineering issues by applying accepted principles, codes and standards. Must have thorough knowledge of engineering practices and economic principles, calculation methods, design details, international codes and standards, procedures and specifications.
Skills / Qualifications
- Compelling experience in Automation and Control Engineering Discipline particularly in the area of Network design, preferably working within Honeywell ICSS Systems
- Basic Knowledge of Hardware design
- RTU and Modbus and other protocols (HART / Profibus). Information Management Systems integration and Level-3 Information network and the interfaces to Client's business network.
- Knowledge of 3rd party Industrial PLC and Serial Interfaces such as Deployment of any site PCD global design details (e.g. Network Forest, IP addresses, Windows Active Directory, Group Policies, Virtualization, Cabling Infrastructure and knowledge of Cisco switches, routers and Firewall' templates in line with Honeywell's supported version.
- Knowledge of Fault Tolerant Networks and Ethernet Topology Infrastructure with Systems Integration and Industrial Applications such as OPC and Historian.
- Preferred: Significant experience in multiple industries i.e. Oil and Gas, Refining, Chemical.
- Proven experience in technical aspects of automation project execution.
- Has experience in project estimating, planning and managerial / leadership aspects of project work.
- Working towards or being a chartered engineer and member of a recognised institution, such as the IET or IMC.
- Minimum BSc Degree or equivalent experience
Duration: Ongoing (12 months Renewable)
Summary on Airswift:
Airswift is an international workforce solutions provider within the energy, process and infrastructure industries. Airswift serves as a strategic partner to our clients, offering a turnkey workforce solution to capture and deliver the top talent needed to complete successful projects by aligning with the unique needs of our clients. With over 800 employees and 6,000 contractors operating in over 50 countries, our geographical reach and pool of talent available is unmatched in the industry and the level of experience, exposure and expertise that the organization has is unparalleled.
If you would like to be considered for this role and would like further details please apply now!