Our client, one of the world's leading energy companies, is seeking someone for a Payroll Accountant position to work within their facilities located in Calgary, AB.
- The payroll accountant function is to process the monthly, quarterly, and annual accounting of payroll for domestic, expatriates, and inpatriates employees in an accurate, timely manner.
- The accountant ensures the accuracy of data interfaced between the payroll system and the accounting system, the posting of payroll related journal entries, as well as validating and processing intercompany payroll billings.
- Focus will be on ensuring a strong control environment which results in accurate and timely reporting of all payroll financial activities in accordance with the policies and procedures, efficient and effective accounting systems and processes, as well as full compliance with corporate governance and SOX initiatives.
- Works closely with Payroll and Finance.
- Bachelor's degree in accounting or related financial discipline required.
- An advanced degree in a financial discipline is preferred.
- 2 - 4 years financial and/or accounting experience required as well as be a Certified Payroll Professional with 2 - 4 years VIP Payroll Software experience.
- Verbal and written communication skills, attention to detail, and critical thinking.
- Ability to work independently and manage one's time.
- Ability to apply accounting and mathematical principles to work as needed.
- Previous experience with computer applications, such as Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint, and SAP/VIP accounting and payroll software.