Our client, a major Oil & Gas company, is looking for a Pipeline Engineer to work within their facilities in Spring, Texas.
- Evaluate and comment on discipline engineering work performed both internally and by Contractors and sub-contractors to ensure that work is being executed in accordance with Company specifications, company standards, and regulatory requirements.
- Facilitates effective execution of discipline engineering and design routines that align with the team's goals, objectives, and procedures.
- Assures accurate and timely communication among the team and other company
- Functions on discipline engineering activities, progress, and issues. In addition to technical ability, they should demonstrate sound communication, facilitation, and interpersonal skills.
Tasks and responsibilities:
- Plan and manage the pipeline and subsea activities in early part of the project phases.
- Provide pipeline engineering inputs.
- Provide technical authority assurance role.
- Define fit for purpose pipeline solutions.
- Lead pipeline feasibility and concept select studies, performing pipeline routing studies, execute hydraulic analyses, perform onshore/offshore pipeline mechanical design including support for material selection, cost estimating and constructability reviews.
- Project Management and supervision of 3rd Party Contractor activities, review, improve and approve Front End Engineering and Design, and Detailed Design documents.
- Assess development risks, including HS&E assessment, and propose mitigation plan.
- Plan and implement assurance process at key stages of the development.
- Support the Business Planning and Work Program and Budget exercise.
- Focus on Standard Solution & New Business Development opportunities from identify stage to Basis for Design.
- Ensure deployment of new technology and drive applications gaining acceptance with the projects/assets leaders.
Skills and qualifications:
- 10+ years of closely related professional experience
- Bachelors degree in Civil or Mechanical Engineering or related engineering specialty or equivalent professional experience
- Strong experience of working with sub-surface disciplines.
- Requires strong knowledge of offshore facilities, and offshore facilities project delivery and awareness of worldwide practices, successes, failures and technical benchmarks.
- Strong knowledge of discipline design standards, specifications, codes, and appropriate safety criteria