Our client, a major oil and gas company, is seeking a Pipeline Technician to work in Watkins, Colorado for a 3 months assignment.
- Responsible for gas pipeline operations, gas compression, pipeline operation, pipeline pigging, minor maintenance of valve, pumps and rotating equipment and assisting the other operators and craft personnel in their duties.
- Prepares for and performs maintenance, taking readings, doing rounds, issuing work permits, following procedures, initiating work requests, writing procedures, and interfacing with support groups.
- Proactively monitors pipeline and compressor performance, take appropriate action to maximize production and minimize downtime.
- Works with support groups to optimize chemical pump rates based on production data (corrosion, H2S inhibitor, and biocide, etc.).
- Interfaces with Engineering for data gathering requests.
- Track test compression data.
- Typically requires 5-7 years of experience. Intermediate level.
- Provides technical/functional and/or administrative support.
- General working knowledge of specific systems, terminology and procedures used within the department.
- Performs routine tasks.
- Able to solve problems and make basic decisions.