Our client is seeking a Piping designer to work within their facilities in Downtown Houston.
This position will assist and support the proper use of metadata to be maintained in the electronic document management system.
- Plans work to assure that project commitments are met
- Coordinates and expedites the preparation of drawings for multiple locations
- Collaborates with stakeholders to assure customer satisfaction
- Visits sites as required during walk downs
- Provides feedback for future projects
- Reports project status updates
- Leads check of drawings for the correct dimensions, adherence to codes, specifications and standards required by the company.
- Provide expertise for the resolution of concerns that may arise during site visits and drawing reviews and updates
- Responsible, in conjunction with Project Manager to ensure site specific drawings are completed in a timely manner
- Provide feedback to the Project Manager for end of project review with various groups, and attend project close-out meetings
- Applying company's processes for file management, document retention and records management;
- Ensuring the turnover package is accurate, complete and submitted to the appropriate party;
- Extensive experience developing pipeline, or hydrocarbon process facility drawings using AutoCAD is required;
- Experience with software applications such as SAP, MS project, Excel, etc;
- Experience in electronic document management system is an asset;
- Ability to use general math, geometry and algebra in piping layout and topographic mapping, to read technical, legal and accounting type documents and write related forms and reports;
- Good communication skills, ability to handle multiple projects;
- Practical understanding of mechanical, pneumatic and electrical systems;
Field walk down experience; Background in as-builting and reverse engineering for compressor and meter facilities