Our client, a major O&G company, is looking for a Piping Designer to work within their facilities in Lake Charles, LA
The role may require responsibility for collaboration with other offices, field data gathering, the arrangement and layout of equipment and the design of the interconnecting piping systems. The position includes responsibility for the following types of activities:
* Discipline lead role on project team.
* Coordination of design activities with other project disciplines.
* Assist in schedule development as part of interactive planning sessions with other project team members.
* Maintain control of project piping scope, budget, and schedule.
* Knowledge of ASME, ANSI, API and other applicable codes.
* Preparation of plot plans, equipment layout, nozzle orientations
* Development of orthographic and isometric drawings.
* Proficient in AutoCAD 16 and Cad Worx
* Review piping specifications
* Provide input for vendor equipment coordination for piping.
* Provide material take-off for project estimates.
* Perform field verification activities since many projects are a retrofit nature.
* Support construction, commissioning and start-up activities.
* Must be able to work in Operating Plant Environments
* AA in drafting/design or BS in Mechanical Engineering or a related technical discipline with a minimum of 10 years' piping design experience.
* Piping experience in pulp and paper, semiconductor, oil and gas, and/or chemical industries.
* Familiarity with ASME Piping Codes.