Our client, one of the world's leading energy companies, is seeking someone for a Planner/Scheduler position to work within their facilities located in Midland, TX.
This position ensures timely maintenance and delivery of an integrated Execution schedule by leveraging both cross-functional team inputs and Playbooks for Drilling, Completions, and Facility/Infrastructure activities.
- Provides summary view and reporting of Permian Basin Unconventional Program Execution to enable prioritization of projects and optimization of resources i.e. drilling rigs, frac crews, and facility location.
- Provides scenario planning schedules for both functional and factory Performance Teams.
- Position is expected to proactively identify external impacts and risk mitigate commercial oil and gas take away, water supply and disposal.
- Position is expected to drive improvements with project reporting and drive the integration of Primavera with other applications.
- Involves integration in Performance Teams to support funding allocations and cost control.
- Maintain overall, integrated execution schedule throughout the project cycle.
- Facilitate weekly status meetings with various functional teams.
- Produce weekly cross-functional support and resource reports.
- Analyze the scheduling plans and schedule updates for comparison to reported progress and alignment of other project controls discipline forecasts.
- Analyze daily/weekly/monthly progress reports to ensure accuracy and provide proper input into the company's overall project reporting.
- Perform critical path and earned value analysis to determine problem areas regarding project schedules and resource overloads; alerts the project team to critical scheduling issues and potential alternatives.
- Demonstrate experience with cost control and variance analysis at different project phases through execution.
- Evaluate project deviations to assess schedule and scope impact for proper decision making.
- The Planner/Scheduler is a member of a multi-functional team to support, deliver and apply tools-processes aligned with project management and Cost Engineering as appropriate for the Business Unit.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience with Primavera or other scheduling software in Project Scheduling roles for upstream oil and gas projects.
- Effectively communicate, both written and verbal, in a cross-functional environment and possess strong presentation skills.
- Express proven ability to deliver in a fast-paced, dynamic environment.
- Proficient in specified software including, but not limited to, Primavera, MS Office applications including Excel, Word, PowerPoint and OneNote.
- Strong Communication Skills