Our client, an American multinational energy corporation, is seeking someone for the Planner/Scheduler - Planning Engineer position to work within their facilities located in Houston, TX.
The primary function of the Planner / Scheduler to support the execution of a portfolio of small capital Downstream projects. The position is located in Houston, Texas and execution is out of the contractor's office. The ideal candidate will have working knowledge of refinery maintenance, and planning & scheduling on EPCI projects and Turnaround schedules (TAR). Demonstrated experience with formal project management systems, principles and associated processes and strong interpersonal skills is critical.
- Ensures the company's scheduling expectations, planning processes, assurance, practices, and standards are incorporated in each project schedule
- Identifies scheduling & planning requirements and advises/guides team in planning & scheduling activities
- Responsible for baselining and for controls and changes to the schedule
- Provides guidance and information (including resource hours requirements) to contractor schedulers
- Participates in Peer Reviews, Peer Assists, Schedule Assurance activities, and Risk Assessments
- Responsible for effectively communicating schedule to site, small capital project group, and site construction partners
- Program/ Portfolio management and presents schedule updates to leadership
- Work with (EP) to build, baseline, maintain, communicate, validate, update, analyze and mitigate risks as needed; integrates into Master schedule.
- Oversight of contractor's schedules - planning tasks, QAQC checks, validates durations and logic
- Participate in Interactive Planning Sessions
- Working on a portfolio for small capital projects- anywhere from 50 to 200 activities for each schedule
- Work with project leads to gain approval of initial schedule including fit for purpose planning tools (net point, milestone schedules).
- Proactively engages with disciplines, procurement to establish schedules, as well as identify & resolve issues and proposes mitigation measures
- Works with Project Controls on progress and resource reporting, monitoring, and analysis
- Interface to support the pre-turnaround construction schedule
- 5-7 years of P6, Pert Master (Risk Modeling Software) experience
- 5+ years of experience in Excel, Outlook, Word
- Verbal and written communication skills, attention to detail, problem solving and interpersonal skills.
- High School Diploma or GED required
- A broad knowledge of technical issues across engineering and project execution disciplines.
- Ability to analyze costs related to manufacturing, labor and materials.
- Ability to accurately document and record customer/client information.
- Strong team leadership, teamwork and communication skills. Demonstrated ability to work well in a cross-cultural, geographically dispersed, multi-functional team,
- Knowledge of NetPoint scheduling software is a plus
- Previous Chevron experience
- Bachelors- engineering or construction management is preferred
- Previous scheduling experience in construction/turnaround schedules
- Knowledge of refineries