Our client, a leading Oil and Gas Operating Company are looking Planning Engineer to be based in their Aberdeen offices. The role is offered with a long-term contract and negotiable daily rate.
As Planning Engineer you'll be responsible for; assisting in development of the program integrated schedule consistent with the Major Projects common process.
- Provide quality assurance of detailed schedules covering activities through to the start of operations;
- Provide quality assurance & support for planning activities of the contractors chosen to execute the program of work;
- Ensure that schedule learning from complementary work in other Business Units and external companies is appropriately utilized;
- Assist in developing the schedule process, system and procedures to support the program;
- Assess contractors and vendors schedule submittals for conformance with requirements;
- Provide assurance that the contractors schedule systems interface and progress measurement is effectively implemented and consistently applied;
Required Qualifications and Experience:
- Solid broad-based experience in both define and execute phase planning and scheduling on projects
- Experience working with engineering and construction contractors;
- Experience crafting top-down, full Engineering-Procurement-Construction logic driven networked schedules.
- Understanding of current schedule best practices and demonstrated ability with Primavera P5 / P6