International EPC-company is looking for Principal Instrument Designer
ONLY FOR KAZAKHSTAN CITIZENS!
Location: Atyrau, Kazakhstan
Work schedule: 5/2
Manages development of E&I design deliverables within company and industry standards and codes, from specifications and detailed drawings
- Plans, assigns and schedules work and is responsible for the progress of E&I design deliverables.
- Typical work scope for the E&I design group includes: block & loop diagrams, LayouUlnterconnection/ JB termination/ lighting & small power/ tray & racking drawings/ Heat Tracing Isometrics etc Should be conversant in using AutoCAD / Micro station software packages.
- Understands detailed drawings and the required specification.
- Knowledge of E&I materials
- To carry out design activities within an area of a project and ensure that the technical and safety integrity of the design is maintained and that the Company and Project procedures are adhered to Aware of and adhere to the Company core values, systems and processes.
- Ensure that the inter-discipline aspects of the design are addressed
- The maintenance of professional standards with regard to both attitude and work
- Coach less experienced members within the squad to assist with their development
- The preparation of drawings and or modelling related to discipline in accordance with the agreed work scope, man-hours and schedule.
- The carrying out of Single Discipline checking of Designers and CAD Operators work in accordance with the Company/ Project procedures
- The carrying out of Onshore Site Surveys, as required, to assist in the initial work scope definition or the development of the design and the compilation of a survey report in accordance with the Company/ Project procedures
- Ensuring that the work is carried out in accordance with the requirements of the current releases of any Company/Client or Statutory Design Codes, Standards or Procedures
- Provides training, mentoring and technical guidance to E&I designers working in the group
Skills / Qualifications
- Minimum 15 years within an engineering industry as a Designer/Senior Designer
- 5 to 10 years Brownfield modifications experience
- Diploma in Engineering or equivalent
- Conversant AutoCAD/ Micro station packages for design and drafting.
- Experience of working on Onshore and Offshore oil & gas projects is required
- Working knowledge of GOST and SNiPs preferable
- Must be able to work to an agreed scope, budget and schedule
- Experience of Conceptual, FEED and Detailed Design projects
- Piping design conforming to appropriate HSE and legislative requirements and external codes and standards
- Preparation and co-ordination of E&I Engineering Design deliverables
- Compliance with WGPSN procedures and industry international and client codes and standard
- Good oral and written communication, networking, collaboration and team working skills
- Strong team working ethic, positive, pro-active and enthusiastic
- Good organisational skills
- Through language, behavior and actions, demonstrate commitment to WGPSN core values
- Offshore and onshore oil & gas related design experience
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Good report writing
- Familiarity with International Design Guidelines and Standards
- Ability to manage design budget
- A determination to continually improve safety in all aspects of plant design and operation
- Certificate as an Engineer in Training is preferred
- Fully conversant with local regulatory environment and international and national industry standards and specifications.