Our client, a major Oil & Gas company, is looking for a Process Engineer to work within their facilities in Deer Park, Texas.
This role is responsible for providing process engineering support for projects critical to delivering the Deer Park site business plan. It provides process engineering expertise in the justification, alternative analysis, scope development, conceptual design and implementation of projects to improve safety, environmental, reliability, margin, and energy performance within the Deer Park site. The overall objectives of this role are:
1) develop conceptual process designs and alternatives that support the projects business case.
2) lead projects from Identify/Assess through project process phases and support projects through latter design phases including commissioning of project.
Accountabilities for Health Safety and Environmental:
- Assure compliance with all Health and Safety procedures
- Assure compliance with PSM procedures
- Ensure appropriate environmental review and permitting of projects
- Provide technical assistance for permit applications associated with projects
- PHA technical resource for assigned projects
- Coordinate project safeguarding
- Responsible for maintaining safeguarding documentation for projects
- Responsible for closing MOC actions assigned with projects
Accountabilities for Process Engineering:
- Ensure all process designs are safe, technically sound and meet Company/Industry standards.
- Work with the site Business Opportunity Manager to develop and maintain project justification and premises for all phases
- Provide/support DOVAMO and other economic evaluations throughout the project phases
- Develop the basis for design and support detailed design for projects as needed to ensure success of the project
- Work closely with the production teams to ensure projects meet the customer needs and informed of the project status
- Coordinate process engineering interface for relevant projects or studies as needed.
- Coordinate process engineering activities during construction and startup
- Maintain close relationships with process and discipline specialists
- Support operations for training and startup
- Provide technical assurance and conformance to all applicable standards
- Understand process impacts on equipment
Skills & Requirements:
- BS in Chemical Engineering
- 10+ years' experience in plant design, process engineering and plant technology & operations.