Our client, a premier refining, marketing and logistics company, is looking for a Process Engineer to work with them at Kenai, AK.
- Applies process engineering principles and expertise during project development and in support of other refinery departments as needed. Produces process designs for projects on Capital Plan to improve safety, operation, maintenance, and profitability of refinery within department standards and environmental regulations.
- Provides troubleshooting and optimization assistance for Operations. Conducts daily performance monitoring including energy consumption, yields and "process unit health" performance indicators. Generates, analyzes, interprets, acts upon and disseminates these performance indicators and unit operations data for assigned units.
- Performs process engineering activities in all project phases including feasibility/economic studies, conceptual design, identification and evaluation of alternatives, front-end design, detail engineering, construction and startup/commissioning.
- Participates in development and implementation of operator training, operating manual input, management of change (MOC) development, HAZOP reviews and recommendation follow-up, P&ID review and verification.
- Must have physical ability to perform all essential job duties and work extended hours, including nights and weekends in process operations environment. Work may be conducted during periods of inclement weather. Must have physical ability to access all areas of the refinery including use of stairs and/or ladders to inspect critical process and mechanical equipment.
- 5-Years of process engineering, preferably in a petrochemical or refining environment.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Highly effective organization skills
- Excellent verbal/written communication skills
- Innovative, decisive, and self-motivated
- Able to work with minimal supervision