Our client, one of the world's largest marine energy transportation, storage & production companies, is looking for a Process Engineer to work with them on a 4-6 months contract at Rio de Janeiro, Brazil.
- He/she is responsible for providing technical support within the profession to the assets in his/her region. This includes being familiar with relevant rules, regulations and standards applicable for the area of responsibility.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Ensure that all activities, for which he/she is responsible, are carried out in conformance with rules and regulations, contractual requirements and the companies Offshore (TOP) Management System Manual (MSM). Main focus shall at all times be on health and safety of personnel, environment (natural and working) and equipment.
- Attend morning calls and work closely with region operations teams providing technical support on a day-to-day basis.
- Ensure that operating manuals for production operations, parts within his/her responsibility, are updated as necessary.
- Contribute and assist with development, maintenance and review of operational procedures, manuals, systems and processes.
- Update documentation for operation (DFO) within the defined area of responsibility.
- Actively take part in improvement of the companies Offshore (TOP) work procedures in order to optimize the work processes.
- Ensure discipline checks for modifications and new revisions of relevant drawings and operations manuals.
- Define, review, participate or head modification and project work within area of responsibility.
- Consult and receive information from Technical Authorities on rules, regulations and standards as required.
- Undertake process/ production technical calculations for production facilities.
- Initiate, participate and follow-up as necessary in technical investigations and inspections/audits.
- Liaison with Classification and Regulatory bodies as required.
- Contribute to an effective work flow and work split with the regional support teams and technical hub.
- Engage in knowledge sharing within the process and asset teams.
General education and experience:
- bachelor level or higher
- Relevant experience within working area
- English language - fluent written and oral skills
- Good communication skills and a team player
- Able to work unaccompanied and priorities work based on process/asset needs, with tasks in parallel.