Our client, an American multinational energy company, is looking for a Process Engineer to work with them at Wilmington, CA.
The Process Engineer is responsible for:
- Generating and developing process design improvement projects for strategic and real business improvement.
- Providing process specifications, including heat and material balances, marked up P&ID's and equipment data sheets.
- Completing process hazard analysis and process safety management (PSM) requirements.
- Preparing and supporting detailed engineering design of projects.
- Supporting commissioning and startup of new and modified facilities.
- Providing guidance to operations consistent with environmental, design and operational requirements.
- Provides process consulting to Operations, when requested, to assist with refinery troubleshooting and optimization.
- Manages contractors and other engineers as needed for large or complex projects.
- Occasionally working outdoors around the units and have the ability to climb ladders and towers and wear Personal Protective Equipment.
Basic / Minimum Qualifications:
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering.
- Legally authorized to work in the United States on a regular full-time basis without restrictions.
- Bachelor's degree in Chemical Engineering.
- 3 to 15+ years of direct experience in refining and/or the chemical industry.
- Experience with process simulation programs such as Hysys, Proll or AspenPlus.
- Strong oral/written communication skills and the ability to interact and work in a team environment.
- Computer proficient including applications for word processing, spreadsheets and databases.