Our client, a major Upstream company within the Oil and Gas Industry, is seeking an experienced Procurement I&E Technical Assistant to work in a 12 months contract position, and support their operations in Midland, TX.
- Preparation of purchase order requests
- Oversee the material and equipment expediting activities with the Company's personnel and suppliers
- Provide material status reports
- Mitigate and coordinate follow-ups on material deliveries and ARIBA reconciling of invoices
- Cost control
- Manage and develop key inventory management strategies with the program suppliers
- Ensure materials are ordered and delivered on time to meet the construction schedule
- Assist with schedule input and information gathering
- Retrieve engineering data from multiple platforms or engineering drawings, interpret the data, and properly distribute to technical teams and systems of record.
- Assist in drawings creation and Documentum filing.
- Compile data, communicate, and provide information to construction staff.
- Bachelors degree in a technical or business field required or Equivalent
- At least 5-7+ years of expediting and procurement experience - forecasting, budgeting, purchasing, etc.
- Verbal and written communication skills
- attention to detail
- negotiation skills and interpersonal skills.
- -Ability to accurately document and record customer/client information.
- -Ability to evaluate suppliers, when needed.
- -Knowledge of applicable laws and regulations related to purchasing.
- -Knowledge of supply chain management.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Applications (Excel, Word, and PowerPoint) - provide quality checked tables and accuracy with detailed data entry.
- SAP experience
- Procurement experience within the oil/gas industry strongly preferred
- Experience with Ariba
- Experience in project procurement, sourcing, and contracting events